DILO S’TOFONG CAMPAIGN - TERMS & CONDITIONS ("COMPETITION RULES")
In these Competition Rules, the following definitions apply (unless the context clearly indicates a contrary intention):
- “the Act” means the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008;
- "Business Day" means a day other than a Saturday or a Sunday or a day which from time to time is a proclaimed public holiday in the Republic of South Africa;
- “Competition Rules” means these rules, as required by Section 36 of the Act;
- “Participant” means an individual who enters the Promotional Competition and meets the criteria set out in any natural person who qualifies in terms of clause The Participant must be;;
- “Participating Stores” are those stores with promotional point of sales for this promotion and which are identified on the list attached;
- “POPI” means the Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013;
- “Promoter” means Tiger Consumer Brands Limited and the Participating General Trade Spaza Stores as reflected in clause 5.1. below
- “Promotional Competition” means the competition to which these rules pertain as run by the Promoter (Albany SA) during the Promotion Period;
- “Promotion Period” means the period starts on 11 April 2022 at 00h00, and closes on 14 May 2022, at 23h59 No late entries will be accepted;
- “Prize” means as further described in clause The Prize;
- “Redeemable Period” means the period that the Participants have to redeem their Prize being one (1) month from the date this Promotional Competition closes; and
- “Winner” means a Participant who is successful in the Promotional Competition and is notified as such by the Promoter (Albany SA) in terms of clause The Winner.
- In these Competition Rules, the following definitions apply (unless the context clearly indicates a contrary intention):
- The Promoteris offering a Promotional Competition in terms of which the Participants can enter the Promotional Competition in order to win Prizes, in terms of the Competition Rules set out herein.
The Promoter (Albany SA) will provide information including these terms and conditions on their website, being www.tigerbrands.com and www.albany.co.za and at participating stores.
Compliance - The Consumer Protection Act
The Competition Rules contain certain terms and conditions which may:-
- limit the risk or liability of the Promoter or any relevant third party; and/or
- create risk or liability for the Participant; and/or
- compel the Participant to indemnify the Promoter or a relevant third party; and/or
- serve as an acknowledgement, by the Participant, of certain facts.
- The Competition Rules contain certain terms and conditions which may:-
The Participant must be;
- a natural person and may not be a juristic person;
- 18 years or older
- a permanent resident or citizens of the Republic of South Africa.
- The Participant, by entering into the Promotional Competition, expressly acknowledges that he/she has been given an appropriate opportunity to first read the Competition Rules before Entering the Promotional Competition and that he/she understands and thereby agrees to the Competition Rules.
- It is a material term of the Promotional Competition that all Participants’ to this Promotional Competition participate entirely at their own risk.
- No director, employee, agent or consultant of the Promotor(s), or their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members, or the supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition may participate in this competition.
- The Participant must be;
How to enter
To enter this Promotional Competition:
- Participants must arrive in person at one of the Albany Dilo S’tofong Roadshow activations, at one of the 14x main areas in Pretoria, as detailed in the breakdown provided below;
- To enter this Promotional Competition:
|STORE||AREA||ADDRESS||DATE OF ACTIVITY|
|Corner Mini Market||BELA - BELA||98 Pendelberry Groove||16/04/2022|
|Tawakal Shop||BELA- BELA||176 Moraka street||16/04/2022|
|Motoma Cash & Carry||GARANKUWA||4039 Switch Village||23/04/2022|
|AMHJ Supermarket||GARANKUWA||M21 Molatlhoa street||23/04/2022|
|U-Corner Supermarket||MABOPANE||1388 Mabobane Block U||23/04/2022|
|Makhado Supermarket||SHOSHANGUVE||776 Soshanguve Block UU||23/04/2022|
|Motima Supermarket||MAMELODI||Phatudi street||30/04/2022|
|Mams Supermarket||MAMELODI||38800 Thamnsanqa Str||30/04/2022|
|Moloi Supermarket||MAMELODI||Tsamaya Road||30/04/2022|
|Mahube Supermarket||MAMELODI||3686 Bambo street||30/04/2022|
|Mabunda Place||ATTRIDGEVILLE||4 vergenoeg street||07/05/2022|
|Lunch Bar||ATTRIDGEVILLE||65 Ramushi street||07/05/2022|
|Kasi Convenient Store||ATTRIDGEVILLE||1 Mokgatle Street||07/05/2022|
|Eersterust Car Wash||EERSTERUST||Cnr Waltloo & Hans coverdale west||14/05/2022|
- At the selected Albany Dilo S’tofong Roadshow activations, the Participant must provide the Promoter with 2 x Albany Bread loaves or 2 x Albany Bread Empty Packets (Both options need to have an expiry date no longer than 7 days older from date of the activation);
- The empty Albany Bread Packets must be handed in by the Consumer to the Promoter for recycling
- The Bread Loaves will be marked by the Promoter to confirm that it has been entered into the Competition;
- The Participant will then be eligible to Spin and Win a Guaranteed prize, the prize options are broken down in Clause 6 below;
- The Promoteris not liable for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotional competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted
- Entries which are unclear, illegible or contain errors will be declared invalid.
- The Prize
Participants stand a chance to win on of the following Guaranteed Prize options at the Albany Dilo S’tofong Roadshow activations;
- 1160 x Grocery Hampers (To the Value of R200 per hamper); or
- 3500 x R10 instant airtime vouchers, or
- 2000 x R5 instant airtime vouchers, or
- 50 x R500 Cash Vouchers-
There will also be 1 x Bonus Winner for 14 events, as reflected in the table in 5.1. above, with the following prizes up for grabs;
- 2 x R10 000 cash vouchers, or
- 8 x R5000 Makro vouchers, or
- 2 x Samsung S21FE 5G Cell Phones (To the value of R14 999 per cell phone); or
- 2 x Samsung 65” Smart TV (To the value of R13 999 per TV),
IMPORTANT NOTE- TV winners are to show their TV license upfront in order to receive the prize. if a TV license cannot be presented, the prize will be forfeited and put back into the draw.
There will be a total of 14 Bonus Prize winners over the Promotional Period.
- The promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of similar commercial value in the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- The Bonus prize shall be delivered by the Promoter to the Winner within three (3)weeks from the Winner is announced and acknowledgment received, subject to the Prize Winner meeting the respective criteria as set out herein and providing the necessary supporting documents, to be communicated to the Winner, within the three (3) week Period. Should the Winner not provide the supporting documents, they will forfeit their prize.
- The prize excludes insurance and maintenance.
- The prize may not be redeemed for cash and are not exchangeable.
- The Winners will be selected based on the criteria met as stipulated in clauses above, allowing them to spin for a guaranteed win, and will be notified immediately based on the results of the Spin & Win. In the event that any of the Winners cannot be successfully rewarded following all reasonable attempts to do so the Promoter (Albany SA) reserves the right to draw another Winner in substitution. Any queries in this regard may be directed to the Tiger Brands consumer care line 086 010 1107.
- Any prize not taken up for any reason within 1 month of notification will be forfeited.
- By participating in the Promotional Competition, the Winner hereby accepts that the Winner will be asked to take part in further publicity relating to the Promotional Competition, with the Winner’s permission. The Promoter (Albany SA) will incorporate the Winner in publicity campaigns and allow their names and likenesses to be used for promotional purposes aligned with the Promoter’s (Albany SA) business, including but not limited to posting photos to the Promoter's (Albany SA) website, Facebook, and other social media pages.
- The Winners may be required to sign a waiver of liability and indemnity before claiming their prizes.
- All Winners will be required to provide their names, ID numbers and contact details and to sign an acknowledgement of receipt of the Prize.
- The 2 x TV winners are to show their TV license upfront in order to receive the prize. if a TV license cannot be presented, the prize will be forfeited and put back into the draw.
- The Participants consent, by taking part in the competition to the Promoter (Albany SA) using the personal information collected through the competition to adjudicate the competition and for future marketing purposes by the Promoter (Albany SA) themselves.
Where Participants/ Winners consent to take part in the Promoter’s (Albany SA) publicity campaigns, they will not be entitled to any remuneration for such participation and all materials arising from such participation will be the sole property of the Promoter
The following rules apply to the Promotional Competition:-
- the Participants must provide correct and up-to-date personal details as required by the Promoter (Albany SA) and allow the Promoter (Albany SA) to process such information in terms of POPI;
- the Promoter (Albany SA) reserves the right to amend these Competition Rules by bringing it to the Participants attention within a reasonable period of time. All Participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the Promotional Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the Promoter (Albany SA), their employees, agents, partners, suppliers, or sponsors;
- in the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoter (Albany SA) will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. In this regard and for further clarity, the Promoter (Albany SA) shall be entitled to deal with such disputes (or any failure by Participants to follow the rules) in their sole discretion, including that the Promoter (Albany SA) shall be entitled to immediately disqualify Participants from this Promotional Competition.
- Unlawful, fraudulent, or otherwise dishonest conduct or any conduct in breach of these Rules by a Participant and/or their parents/guardians, determined in the Promoter’s (Albany SA) sole discretion, may result in disqualification from the Promotional Competition and ineligibility to win any prize.
- The following rules apply to the Promotional Competition:-
By entering into the Promotional Competition, the Participant expressly agrees to the following indemnifications:
- the Participant indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoter (Albany SA) and its promotional partners, their employees and their agents (“the Indemnified Parties”) of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising as a result of their participation in the Promotional Competition and related events and activities, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy; and
- the Participant accepts that the Indemnified Parties will not be responsible for any costs, damage or otherwise, howsoever incurred by the Winner subsequent to claiming the Prize.
- By entering into the Promotional Competition, the Participant expressly agrees to the following indemnifications:
Prize Qualification Rules
- A Prize may not be handed over to a winner when it is prohibited by law for the winner to use the prize. The Winner must prove their eligibility to use the prize. Once the Winner has been notified and the prize has been handed over, the Winner must sign an acknowledgement of receiving the Prize.
- The Winner must provide valid proof of identity (an ID book, passport or drivers licence).
- The Promoter (Albany SA) reserves the right to substitute the Prize with any other prize of similar commercial value to the Prize offered herein, at its sole discretion.
- For further information or enquiries please email consumer services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 086 010 0878. Calls to this number will be charged by your cellular network service provider.
- Any personal data relating to the Winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Act (defined above) and POPI and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.
- The Participant by part taking in the Promotional Competition consents to his/her personal information to be shared with the Promoter’s (Albany SA) employees, contractors or agents for the purpose of this Promotional Competition and for the purpose of sharing future promotions.