Mediterranean Falafel Burgers
Made with Albany Superior Brown Buns
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onions and garlic for 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- Add the mashed chickpeas, beaten egg, cumin, paprika, parsley and mint and mix well.
- Add the breadcrumbs and cake flour. Season well with salt and pepper. Combine well.
- Use floured hands to shape the mixture into 5 – 6 patties.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the falafel patties over a low heat, for 3-5 minutes per side, until golden and browned.
- Coarsely grate the cucumber and season with salt.
- Stand the mixture in a colander to drain and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the cucumber and serve at once.
- Build falafel and tzatziki burgers by starting with a falafel patty, some lettuce leaves, red onion and tomato slices and some tzatziki.