Hearty Homemade Beef Burgers
Made with Albany Superior Best of Both White Buns
- Place all of the burger patty ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 even portions, and using wet hands, shape each portion into a round flat patty. Place the patties onto a plate. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Either cook the patties in a lightly oiled frying pan over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes per side, or on a hot braai until cooked according to your liking.
- Baste the burgers with some BBQ sauce, if desired, in the last minute of cooking.
- Preheat the oven to grill. Toast the bun halves, cut side facing up, under the grill until golden brown and lightly toasted.
- Spread some BBQ, chilli sauce or tomato sauce on the base of each bun.
- Top each with a burger patty, a slice of cheese, tomato slices, red onion slices and some lettuce.
- Spread some mayonnaise or Thousand Island dressing onto the cut side of the top half of the toasted buns and place on top of the burgers. Serve at once.