Breakfast Refresh Stuffed Subs
Made with Albany Superior Brown Rolls
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and dry fry the bacon for about 10 minutes until crisp.
- Cut a V shape on top of each Albany Superior Brown Roll and hollow out, leaving a 1cm bread border.
- Beat the eggs, milk and half of the chives together. Season.
- Pour about half of the egg mixture into the rolls and let it soak in.
- Divide half the bacon and the mozzarella amongst the rolls.
- Pour remaining egg mixture over, taking care that it doesn’t spill over.
- Sprinkle remaining bacon on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until egg mixture is puffy and bread is browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then serve with remaining chives sprinkled over.
Photographer: Dylan Swart
Food Stylist: Margie Els
Assisted by: Nomvuselelo Mncube