Popping Pop Tarts
Made with Albany Superior White Bread
- Place the brown sugar and apples and cinnamon in a frying pan and cook until caramelised and golden and the sugar has melted to a syrupy sauce
- Place 2 slices of the bread on sheet of baking paper on a tray
- Place a spoon of apple mixture into the centre of each slice of bread and top with a spoon of custard
- Brush the edges of the bread with egg wash, then place the second slice of bread on top and using a fork press the edges together with a fork to seal in the filling. Repeat for the second slice of bread.
- Brush the tops with egg wash and bake for 10-15minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the toast is crisp.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix together the icing sugar and a few drops of water at a time until you have a thick smooth icing.
- Once cooled spoon the icing over the top of the tarts and sprinkle over the flaked almonds