- Lightly toast the bread and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to grill.
- Mix the cream cheese and mayonnaise in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add half of the cheddar cheese, the powdered biltong, onion and peppadews or jalapeno peppers.
- Spread the mixture between the toasts.
- Top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Grill for 2-4 minutes, or until the top is golden and bubbling.
- Serve topped with extra biltong slices and some micro leaves or watercress if desired.