Post Run Panzanella Salad
- For the croutons, cube the 3 slices of bread and toss in mixed dried herbs and olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for about 15-25 minutes at 180ºC or until golden and crispy. Set aside to cool.
- Drizzle the whole peppers with olive oil and place on a roasting tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in a hot oven for 30-45 minutes or until charred.
- Place in a bowl and cover with cling film. This allows them to sweat which means the skins can be removed much more easily.
- Once cooled, peel off the skins gently and remove the seeds from the inside. Cut roughly and set aside.
- In a hot dry pan, grill the shaved zucchini.
- To make the salad, toss the croutons in the ¾ of the dressing.
- Add the roasted vegetables and the remaining dressing and stir to combine. Try to make sure that every veggie and crouton soaks up some of the balsamic dressing.
- Spoon onto a plate or salad bowl and garnish with torn basil leaves and pumpkin seeds.