Chilli Cheese Jaffle Cakes
Made with Albany Superior Brown Bread
- Spread the butter onto one side of each slice of bread.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the savoury mince, cayenne pepper, red kidney beans, cheese and coriander. Add the chilli, if desired.
- Place a slice of bread into the jaffle iron, buttered side facing to the outside, or in a toasted sandwich maker.
- Top with some of the chilli con carne mixture and a slice of bread, buttered side on the top.
- Secure the jaffle iron, trim the edges and cook over a hot grill or braai for 3-5 minutes, per side or until golden brown and crispy. Alternatively cook the sandwiches in a toasted sandwich maker.
- Serve the Chilli Con Carne and cheese jaffles at once with guacamole, a tomato and onion salsa and sour cream, if desired.