ALBANY FATHER’S DAY COMPETITION – TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“COMPETITION RULES”)
- In the Competition Rules, unless the context clearly indicates a contrary intention, the following words will have the following meanings and cognate expressions will have corresponding meanings:
- “the Act” means the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008;
- “Business Day” means a day other than a Saturday or a Sunday or a day which from time to time is a proclaimed public holiday in the Republic of South Africa;
- “Competition Rules” means the rules contained herein, as required by Section 36 of the Act;
- “Participant” means any natural person who qualifies in terms of clause 4.1 hereof and who enters into the Promotional Competition in terms of clause 5 hereof;
- “POPI” means the Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013;
- “Promoter” means Tiger Consumer Brands Ltd;
- “Promotional Competition” means the competition to which these rules pertain as run by the Promoter during the Promotion Period;
- “Promotion Period” means the period, Friday 1 June 2018, and closes on Friday 15 June 2018, at midnight.
- “Prize” means as further described in clause 9.
- “Redeemable Period” means the period that the Participants have to redeem/accept their Prize being 7 working days after Winners announcement.
- “Website” means www.albany.co.za
- “Winner” means the Participant who is successful in the Promotional Competition and is notified as such by the Promoter in terms of clause 6.
- The Promoter is offering a Promotional Competition in terms of which the Participants can enter the Promotional Competition in order to win the Prize.
- The Promoter hereby imposes the following Competition Rules in terms of Section 36 of the Consumer Protection Act.
The Consumer Protection Act
- The Competition Rules contain certain terms and conditions which may:-
- limit the risk or liability of the Promoter, or any relevant third party; and/or
- create risk or liability for the Participant; and/or
- compel the Participant to indemnify the Promoter or a relevant third party; and/or
- serve as an acknowledgement, by the Participant, of certain facts.
- The Participant must be;
- a natural person and may not be a juristic person;
- 18 years or older; and
- a permanent resident of the Republic of South Africa.
- The Participant, by entering into the Promotional Competition, expressly acknowledges that he/she has been given an appropriate opportunity to first read the Competition Rules before entering the Promotional Competition and that he/she understands and thereby agrees to the Competition Rules.
- It is a material term of the Promotional Competition that all Participants’ to this Promotional Competition participate entirely at their own risk.
- No director, employee, agent or consultant of the Tiger Brands Group of Companies, or their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members, or the supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition may participate in this competition.
How to enter
- The Competition shall commence on Friday 1 June 2018 and will end on Friday 15 June 2018. No entries received after midnight on 15 June 2018 will be considered.
- To enter this Competition, participants will be required to:
- Comment on the relevant @LoveAlbanyBread Facebook and Instagram Competition post and post a picture of their Dad, tagging @lovealbanybread and/or comment on the post to share their Dad’s favourite sandwich type.
- Entrants may also increase their chances of winning by tagging their Dad/Father Figure into the comment. However, this is not a mandatory requirement.
- Entries which are unclear, illegible or contain errors will be declared invalid.
- Participants may enter on both channels should they wish to increase their chance of winning.
- Winners can only be selected once.
- There will be 6 winners selected.
- The winners will be selected and announced on Albany Bakeries social media on Monday 18 June 2018. The winners will be prompted to provide Albany Bakeries with relevant contact details by means of a Direct Message, by COB Friday 22 June 2018. The Winners will then be contacted telephonically within 3 working days of supplying their details. The Promoter reserves the right to draw another Winner in substitution of a Winner, in the event that any of the Winners cannot be successfully contacted following all reasonable attempts to do so the Promoter reserves the right to draw another Winner in substitution.
- Winners are drawn at random by and internal panel. The Judge’s discretion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By participating in the Promotional Competition, the Winner(s) hereby accepts that the Winner(s) will be asked to take part in further publicity relating to the Promotional Competition, the Promoter may incorporate the Winner(s) in publicity campaigns or allow their names and likenesses to be used for promotional purposes aligned with the Promoter’s business, including but not limited to posting photos to the Promoter’s website, Facebook and other social media pages.
- The Winner(s) may be required to sign a waiver of liability and indemnity before claiming their prizes.
- The Winner will be required to provide their name, ID number and contact details and to sign an acknowledgement of receipt of the Prize.
- The Participants consent, by taking part in the competition to the Promoter using the personal information collected through the competition to adjudicate the competition and for future marketing purposes by the Promoter themselves.
- Where the Winner(s) consent(s) to take part in the Promoter’s publicity campaigns, they will not be entitled to any remuneration for such participation and all materials arising from such participation will be the sole property of the Promoter.
- The following rules apply to the Promotional Competition:-
- the Participants must provide correct and up-to-date personal details as required by the Promoter with each referral sent to the Promoter and allow the Promoter to process such information in terms of POPI;
- the Promoter reserves the right to amend these Competition Rules by bringing it to the Participants attention within a reasonable period of time and may terminate the Promotional Competition at any time. In such event, where the Promotional Competition is terminated or suspended, all Participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the Promotional Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the Promoter, their employees, agents, partners, suppliers, or sponsors; and the Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash;
- the Promoter reserves the right to terminate or extend the Competition at any time. In the event of such termination or extension;
- in the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoter will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. In this regard and for further clarity, the Promoter shall be entitled to deal with such disputes (or any failure by Participants to follow the rules) in their sole discretion, including that the Promoter shall be entitled to immediately disqualify Participants from this Promotional Competition; and
- Unlawful, fraudulent, or otherwise dishonest conduct or any conduct in breach of these Rules by a Participant and/or their parents/guardians, determined in the Promoter’s sole discretion, may result in disqualification from the Promotional Competition and ineligibility to win any prize.
- These Rules shall be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the Republic of South Africa and any Participant and Tiger Brands consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa.
- For further information or enquiries please email our consumer services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0860 100 290. Calls to this number will be charged by your cellular network service provider.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating, the Participant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless the Promoter, their associated, holding and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns from any and all claims or liability arising from participating in the Competition, any Competition-related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable in any way whatsoever, for any claims arising from loss, injury, damage or costs, suffered by a Participant in relation to this Competition or the prizes offered, including but not limited to claims relating to defects in the prizes or any losses caused by such defects or losses arising from incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Participants.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of incomplete or incorrect information provided.
- The prizes are gift hampers from Albany Bakeries.
- Participation in the Promotional Competition constitutes acceptance of the Competition Rules.
- By entering the Promotional Competition Participants consent to their details being used for marketing campaigns by the Promoter.
- The Winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email. If winners are uncontactable (due to incorrect contact details) after all reasonable attempts to contact them, their prize will be forfeited.
- A Prize may not be handed over to a winner when it is prohibited by law for the winner to use the prize. The Winner must prove their eligibility to use the prize. Once the Winner has been notified and the prize has been handed over, the Winner must sign an acknowledgement of receiving the Prize. In this instance, this will be by means of participation in the cooking class.
- The Participant must inform their employer of his/her participation in the Competition and must obtain consent to participate, if this is required, the Promoter accepts no responsibility in this regard should the Participant have failed to obtain the necessary consent, resulting in their inability to redeem the Prize.
- The Winner must provide valid proof of identity (a green bar-coded ID book, passport or drivers licence).
- Any extras not included in the Prize as detailed above will be at the expense of the winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize with any other prize of similar commercial value to the Prize offered herein, at its sole discretion.
- The Winner(s) agree(s) to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the Winner(s) or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Consumer Protection Act (CPA)/ the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.
- The Participant by part taking in the Promotional Competition consents to his/her personal information to be shared with the Promoter’s employees, contractors or agents for the purpose of this Promotional Competition and for the purpose of sharing future promotions.
How to claim your prize:
- Winners will be announced and notified by means of the @LoveAlbanyBreadRiceSA Facebook and Instagram account and will then be required to supply correct contact details via means of a direct message.
- Winners will be announced on the @LoveAlbanyBread social media pages on Monday 18 June 2018
- Winners will be contacted via means of their supplied contact information.
- Winners will be asked to confirm their physical address for delivery of the prize.