ALBANY BOSOTSO CAMPAIGN T&Cs
ALBANY GENERAL TRADE – T&Cs (COMPETITION RULES)
- In the Competition Rules, unless the context clearly indicates a contrary intention, the following words will have the following meanings and cognate expressions will have corresponding meanings:
- “the Act” means the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008;
- “Business Day” means a day other than a Saturday or a Sunday or a day which from time to time is a proclaimed public holiday in the Republic of South Africa;
- “Participant” means any natural person who qualifies in terms of clause 4.1 hereof and who enters into the Promotional Competition in terms of clause 5 hereof;
- “POPI” means the Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013;
- “Promoter” means Tiger Consumer Brands Ltd;
- “Promotional Competition” means the competition to which these rules pertain as run by the Promoter during the Promotion Period;
- “Promotion Period” means the period starts on 15 October 2018 and closes on 31 December, at 00h00. No late entries will be accepted;
- “Prize” means as further described in clause 6.
- “Redeemable Period” means the period that the Participants have to redeem their Prize being two weeks after the expiry of the Promotion Period; and
- “Winner” means the Participant who is successful in the Promotional Competition and is notified as such by the Promoter in terms of clause 7.
- The Promoter is offering a Promotional Competition in terms of which the Participants can enter the Promotional Competition in order to win the Prize.
- The Promoter hereby imposes the following Competition Rules in terms of Section 36 of the Consumer Protection Act.
The Consumer Protection Act
- The Competition Rules contain certain terms and conditions which may:-
- limit the risk or liability of the Promoter, or any relevant third party; and/or
- create risk or liability for the Participant; and/or
- compel the Participant to indemnify the Promoter or a relevant third party; and/or
- serve as an acknowledgement, by the Participant, of certain facts.
- The Participant must be;
- a natural person and may not be a juristic person;
- 18 years or older; and a permanent resident or citizens of the Republic of South Africa.
- The Participant, by entering into the Promotional Competition, expressly acknowledges that he/she has been given an appropriate opportunity to first read the Competition Rules before entering the Promotional Competition and that he/she understands and thereby agrees to the Competition Rules.
- It is a material term of the Promotional Competition that all Participants’ to this Promotional Competition participate entirely at their own risk.
- No director, employee, agent or consultant of the Tiger Brands Group of Companies, or their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members, or the supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition may participate in this competition.
- This promotional competition is being run exclusively in two regions in the Free State, Sasolburg and Virginia.
How to enter
- To enter this competition participants must:
- Purchase any Albany Mini loaf bread, dial *120*12211# from their mobile phone, and respond as prompted.
- The promoter is not liable for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotional competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
- Entries which are unclear, illegible or contain errors will be declared invalid.
- Entrants may enter as many times as they like to increase their chances of winning.
- Consumers will be charged 30c/20sec to utilise the USSD service. MTN subscribers will be charged R1.20 for every 60seconds upfront. MTN will request their subscribers to accept these costs before continuing.
- The prize is R1,000 per weekly winner, plus instant prizes (subject to availability).
- There will be only one Winner per week from the USSD on pack competition, who will be selected and contacted for their details. These winners will also be announced on Albany Bakeries Facebook page (www.facebook.com/lovealbanybread) from Monday 15 October to Sunday 6 January 2019. The Winners will then be contacted by means of social media or via supplied details within 3 working days of supplying their details. The Promoter reserves the right to draw another Winner in substitution of a Winner, in the event that The Winners cannot be successfully contacted following all reasonable attempts to do so.
- The Winners are randomly selected by the appointed agency, who shall ensure The Winners meet all the qualifying criteria. The Winners are final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- The name of The Winners will be available on the consumer care line. Any queries in this regard may be directed to the Tiger Brands consumer care line 0860101107.
- Any prize not taken up for any reason within two weeks of notification will be forfeited.
- By participating in the Promotional Competition, The Winners hereby accept that they will be asked to take part in further publicity relating to the Promotional Competition, the Promoter may incorporate The Winners in publicity campaigns or allow their names and likenesses to be used for promotional purposes aligned with the Promoter’s business, including but not limited to posting photos to the Promoter’s website, Facebook and other social media pages.
- The Winners may be required to sign a waiver of liability and indemnity before claiming their prizes.
- The Winners will be required to provide their names, ID numbers and contact details and to sign an acknowledgement of receipt of the Prize and may be requested to supply proof of purchase.
- The Participants consent, by taking part in the competition to the Promoter using the personal information collected through the competition to adjudicate the competition and for future marketing purposes by the Promoter themselves.
- Where Participants/ Winners consent to take part in the Promoter’s publicity campaigns, they will not be entitled to any remuneration for such participation and all materials arising from such participation will be the sole property of the Promoter.
- Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- Participants agree that by uploading their “images” and/or stories, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the images or stories or any part thereof, in any and all media for promotional / marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants.
- The following rules apply to the Promotional Competition:-
- the Participants must provide correct and up-to-date personal details as required by the Promoter with each referral sent to the Promoter and allow the Promoter to process such information in terms of POPI;
- the Promoter reserves the right to amend these Competition Rules by bringing it to the Participants attention within a reasonable period of time and may terminate the Promotional Competition at any time. In such event, where the Promotional Competition is terminated or suspended, all Participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the Promotional Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the Promoter, their employees, agents, partners, suppliers, or sponsors;
- in the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoter will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. In this regard and for further clarity, the Promoter shall be entitled to deal with such disputes (or any failure by Participants to follow the rules) in their sole discretion, including that the Promoter shall be entitled to immediately disqualify Participants from this Promotional Competition.
- Unlawful, fraudulent, or otherwise dishonest conduct or any conduct in breach of these Rules by a Participant and/or their parents/guardians, determined in the Promoter’s sole discretion, may result in disqualification from the Promotional Competition and ineligibility to win any Prize.
- By entering into the Promotional Competition, the Participant expressly agrees to the following indemnifications:
- the Participant indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoter and its promotional partners, their employees and their agents (“the Indemnified Parties”) of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising as a result of their participation in the Promotional Competition and related events and activities, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy; and
- The Participant accepts that the Indemnified Parties will not be responsible for any costs, damage or otherwise, howsoever incurred by The Winners subsequent to claiming the Prize.
Prize Qualification Rules
- Participation in the Promotional Competition constitutes acceptance of the Competition Rules.
- By entering the Promotional Competition Participants consent to their details being used for marketing campaigns by the Promoter.
- The Winners will be notified by telephone or email. If The Winners are uncontactable (due to incorrect contact details) after 10 days of attempting to contact them, their prize will be forfeited.
- A Prize may not be handed over to a winner when it is prohibited by law for The Winner to use the prize. The Winners must prove their eligibility to use the prize. Once The Winners have been notified and the prizes have been handed over, The Winners must sign an acknowledgement of receiving the Prize.
- The Participant must inform their employer of his/her participation in the Competition and must obtain consent to participate, if this is required, the Promoter accepts no responsibility in this regard should the Participant have failed to obtain the necessary consent, resulting in their inability to redeem the Prize.
- The Winners must provide valid proof of identity (a green bar-coded ID book, passport or drivers license).
- Any extras not included in the Prize as detailed above will be at the expense of The Winners.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize with any other prize of similar commercial value to the Prize offered herein, at its sole discretion.
- For further information or enquiries please email consumer services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 086 010 0878. Calls to this number will be charged by your cellular network service provider.
- The Winners agree to the use of their name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to The Winners or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Consumer Protection Act (CPA)/ the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.
- The Participant by part taking in the Promotional Competition consents to his/her personal information to be shared with the Promoter’s employees, contractors or agents for the purpose of this Promotional Competition and for the purpose of sharing future promotions.